Who We Are
Psychology at Work is a specialised consulting firm that assists individuals; teams and organisations shift their behaviour. We work across industries and all our interventions are underpinned by sound cognitive behavioural principles.
Our flagship workshop is the Interpersonal Intelligence Programme. This programme has been designed to assist individuals, teams and organisations to optimise their interpersonal style. Any behaviour that complicates relationships and limits the attainment of ones objectives can be shifted. While the technique is cognitive behavioural so as to enable deep, meaningful and sustained change, the process is full of humour and irreverence to give us the courage to shift. This process allows for behaviour shift in different contexts.
In addition, we also utilise a wide range of instruments and provide integrated feedback to individual and organisations which allows one to form a full picture. We assist organisations to make the most out of the assessments they use, by way of linking the recruitment assessments with development, coaching, retention strategies as well as the in-house performance management system.
Furthermore, we have over 10 years experience in using psychological assessments and cognitive behavioural interventions for fixing, developing and restructuring teams. We specialise in assisting teams with conflict and ineffective power dynamics; we facilitate finding a new way forward and a different way of relating with one another.
Key Performance Areas:
- Design and implementation of psychometric assessment strategies (for recruitment, selection and development)
- Design and implementation of Leadership Culture, Organisational Climate and Leadership 360-degree survey assessment tools
- Heading up Return on Investment (ROI) as well as Return on Learning Investment (ROLI) in both an academic as well as corporate environment
- Facilitation of change initiatives to support the people side of change management and projects
- Facilitation of behaviour shift
- Executive coaching for individuals, performance based, linked to assessments, as well as the design of a “how to coach” process
- Implementation of development strategies, linked to performance management systems
- Coaching – growth and development for key talent
- Leadership audits
- Assisting organisations with understanding and integrating their key specialists
- Culture Shift for organisations wishing to grow or change
Behaviour / Change
Justine is the founding member of Psychology at Work.
Since she began consulting in 1998, she has focused on using assessment instruments for individual and organisational development and change purposes. She is experienced in a wide range or assessments instruments and enjoys integrating feedback to form a full picture. Justine specialises in assisting organisations to make the most out of the assessments they use, by way of linking the recruitment assessments with development, coaching, retention strategies as well as the in-house performance management system. Justine uses psychological assessments and cognitive behavioural interventions to fix, develop and restructure teams.
She is well regarded for her strength of assisting teams with conflict and finding a new way forward.
- Registered Psychometrist – Independent practice HPCSA number: PMT 0058688
- A. (Hons) Clinical Psychology (Stellenbosch, SA)
- SETA Accredited Assessor Conduct Outcome-based Assessments: Certification No: 115753/1498/14.
Rational Emotive Behaviour
DragonMuse Coaching : Independent practice
Demyan is the resident coach and a facilitator at Psychology at Work.
In addition to working in association with Psychology at Work, he has also worked in private practice as a Cognitive Behaviour Life Coach since 2001.
Rational Emotive Behaviour Coaching (REB) and Facilitation is based on the premise that learning to think differently can enable a person to feel and act differently and thus become more significant, more productive, happier and more fulfilled in life.
Demyan’s style of coaching and facilitation is direct and to the point, yet relaxed and filled with humour in order to facilitate learning and mind-shifts.
His specialty is coaching Generation-Y towards utilizing their unique attributes and characteristics in such a way to integrating those traits into their professional and personal relationships. He has long-standing coaching relationships with clients in South Africa, Europe, the United Kingdom, USA and in the Far East.
- SETA Accredited Assessor Conduct Outcome-based Assessments: Certification No: 115753/1523/14.
- Executive Coaching (Middlesex University, UK)
- Counselling (Lifeline, SA)
- McMaster Family Therapy (FAMSA, SA)
- The Clinical Psychology of Children & Young People * With Distinction (University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Social Psychology (Wesleyan University, USA)
- Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence * With Distinction (Case Western Reserve University, USA)
- Critical Thinking in Global Challenges (University of Edinburgh, UK)
- The Addicted Brain * With Distinction (Emory University, USA)
- Introduction to Neuroeconomics – How the Brain makes Decisions (Higher School of Economics, National Research University, Russia)
- Introduction to Philosophy (University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Dip. Cardiovascular Perfusion – Clinical (Tswane University of Technology, SA)